Mar 3, 2009

It's Time





Ok...this one I cheated on. The "plan" was (if you don't know already, I create plans only not follow them anyway) to take a set of images and post once a week. This one I actually took with the previous "Dunbar" post. I was walking around and basically thought I was taking a "shortcut" and ending getting lost through an alley. As I reorient myself, I find myself next to Logan's Hardware store which is where I ran into this poster. I was going to take this one eventually but the circumstances made me jump the gun.
I found this one to be very powerful. The use of strong graphics, intense color and depiction of a seemly strong message made me really like this one alot. Also the location, it's quite interesting as it's in a popular spot near Whole Foods and a few bars like Stoney's.
The image of the boy with weapon over the shoulder and towards the other end, a man in a gas mask, leads me to think this is some sort of war propaganda. I'm hoping to follow up on this one some more. There may be further meaning that I haven't been exposed to yet.

[Taken between 13th and 14th & P streets NW, on 2/11/09]



View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment