Mar 19, 2009

Urban canvas

I've had this interest in areas of space on a wall or even ground that allow for or "ask for" open posting and expression. In urban areas, a lot of the color and jazz comes from these dynamically changing pieces, whether is a continuous layered posting of advertisements, movie openings, lost pets or to the current extreme, Times Square, Tokyo and etc where technology replaces the physical tagging or stapling. I tend to prefer the physical rather that the big screens (call me ol'skool, though sometimes it's cool but can be overwhelming and poorly done). In the posting, you have the repetitious pattern created from arraying the posters along the area.
So I call it an urban canvas. I would hope to experiment in design a space that creatively allows for just an open canvas, beyond just a blank wall and locating it in the right place.

No comments:

Post a Comment