Jan 21, 2009

Obama - Progress





This one has two, reason, kind of a special day, yeah I was the Inauguration 2009. It was really great seeing the city transform. Going to work was eerie as I rode in, passing military personnel who was making sure things were in order, streets filled with non-locals scrambling to find the best way to the Mall. I went to work for a few hours and ended up going down to the Mall and be part of this great event. It's the beginning and hopefully "change" will happen. Its going to be tough.
About this image, it's on the side of Marty's and has definitely caught my attention in passing. Another Shepard Fairley work (did Andre the Giant) where supposedly the image is based from a photo just after the Senator accepted to run as president. The poster is everywhere around DC. Here is a bit of a transformation from the early morning to the evening (4am). Bars, by the way, where open til 4am because of the Inauguration event. Ha, I didn't even notice the bike was still there throughout the day. I had a short conversation with a passerby photographer as I was taken the evening one. He ended up taking a couple of photos himself. The night one, took me a while and still not overly excited about it. Oh yeah...I was freaking cold. I had to take a couple of warming breaks between long exposure shots.
[Taken on U and 14th NW, on 1/20/09]

No comments:

Post a Comment