Jan 27, 2009

Carter Mural



This will be the first mural of this collection and it's really close to my neighborhood. It's at a relatively visible location, abandoned and I have no clue if there's plans for future use. The mural contains a portrait of Carter and several other portraits on the other closed up windows. Given the proportions of the streets, lack of density and height of buildings, now thinking about, it really is out in the open. Being so visible, it's so unfortunate that the building is abandoned, boarded up and left to sit.
Right now I don't know who is Carter and the significant of this figure in the area. I recall seeing other murals in the near vicinity along with several buildings named after him.
The shot was a tough one, honestly kinda drab for me. Not sure it's the mural itself or the composition, probably the composition :) . I ended up filtering through many of the shots and deleting a bunch. This one I ended up taking a horizontal proportion and might have picked this one out because of the little bit of street signage in the fore-ground.
[Taken on Rhode Island Ave and 9th NW, on 1/25/09]

No comments:

Post a Comment