Feb 22, 2009

Obama walks his dogs




This one is an interesting piece where they are several tags. One of Obama with his infamous pose. The other of him walking two vicious dogs. Curious of the meaning. I was thinking of it being authoritative where it establishes, "don't mess with it." Funny enough, he's casually talking on his cell phone.
The other figure is another OBEY tag, holding a sign saying, "The Park: My new home. Thanks Mayor Fenty." I've seen this one a couple of times. Actually, this was the one that got sprayed over as mentioned in my previous blog posts.
The last piece, which appears to mounted rather than sprayed or sticked, is of a woman holding a hammer and sickle. Kinda interesting as it seems to touch on a couple of aspects. One, possibly on religion as what I would consider are construction works are erecting a cross. The second is the hinting of scaffolding and buildings, to me and maybe cause I'm an architect, depicts construction...development.

[Taken near U and 14th streets NW, on 2/11/09]

No comments:

Post a Comment